Monday, December 8, 2014

Ornament Experiments

Embroidery is such a soothing craft activity and, bonus: it is portable. I had much fun experimenting with stitching this holiday season and decided to create a few ornaments out of small embroidery hoops. This is a trend I've noticed for a few years on Pinterest and Etsy, you simply loop a ribbon in the hoop clasp and boom, you've got an ornament!




I decided to use my go-to material, linen, as the background and to create simple snowflake patterns. I found some gorgeous (and ahem, pricy) metallic embroidery floss at my local fabric store, in both silver and gold. I also used white and a vibrant red. The ribbon for hanging is satin rattail in coordinating colors.

I sold a bunch of these ornaments at the Holiday Arts & Crafts Open House, but a few more are available in my Etsy shop. I'll definitely make more of these next year!














No comments:

Post a Comment