Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Latest Custom Work

The first few months of the year have been so busy for me with creating custom projects. Here are a few photos of recent work for a few lovely and wonderful customers.

~ For Alli (you may recognize her name, as she is a very loyal client), I created this artwork as a gratitude gift for someone special who has supported her through her recovery from cancer. This artwork was inspired by the piece I created for my son's Kindergarten auction and that Alli loved. Per her request, I embroidered "be brave" on the branch below the birdie.


Jenny Bartoy: custom burlap art

Jenny Bartoy: custom burlap art

Jenny Bartoy: custom burlap art


~ For Theresia (very talented in her own right, check out her Etsy shop!), I created a beautiful wonky stripes table runner with the Scalloped print in grey from Ellen Luckett Baker's Stamped collection, combined with natural linen. I had only made fabric baskets with this combination before and LOVE how the table runner turned out. Theresia sent me photos of it on her mid-century Danish dining room table with a modern red bowl on top -- it is fabulous! I also made her a set of 4 custom mix-and-match coasters in various grey and white prints.


Jenny Bartoy: custom work for Theresia

Jenny Bartoy: custom work for Theresia

Jenny Bartoy: custom work for Theresia


~ For my friend Carrie, I created a custom book cover for the Bible that she carries around back and forth to her weekly study sessions. We worked together thoughtfully on planning the cover. We decided to include pockets, a little loop for her pen, and a button closure. I was nervous about the fit and took double, triple, quadruple measurements. Carrie was thrilled and said it fit perfectly, yay!! (Photos taken at night, sorry!)


Jenny Bartoy: custom book cover

Jenny Bartoy: custom book cover


~ For Heather, I made two quilted table runners in muted shades of blue. They are both bound with natural linen. It's always fun to do custom work as I end up working with fabrics I wouldn't necessarily have picked out myself and it often opens my creative horizons.


Jenny Bartoy: custom quilted table runners

Jenny Bartoy: custom quilted table runners


~ Speaking of working with new fabrics, my loyal customer Debby contacted me to create a wonky stripes table runner involving purple to celebrate her son's graduation (purple is his school color). We looked at dozens and dozens of fabrics, until finally a certain combination caught her eye. I loved what she chose and the resulting table runner so much that I made some for my shop too!


Jenny Bartoy: wonky stripes table runner

Jenny Bartoy: wonky stripes table runner

Jenny Bartoy: wonky stripes table runner


I am working on other posts to update you all on what's been going on around here. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment