Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Custom Gifts!

A couple of months ago, my friend Marta commissioned me to make a baby gift and a series of teacher gifts.

For the baby gift, she wanted a set of modern and boy-friendly burp cloths. These are simply cotton diapers embellished with a large strip of quilting cotton. Marta and I picked a set of 6 coordinating prints.


Jenny Bartoy: Custom Baby Burp Cloths

Jenny Bartoy: Custom Baby Burp Cloths

Jenny Bartoy: Custom Baby Burp Cloths


For the teacher gifts, we settled on simple mug rugs -- thick and large coasters for a steaming mug of coffee or tea. Marta packaged these with a special mug and a wintery beverage selection for each teacher. Here again, we worked together to select a variety of fabrics that would suit the men and women among her children's teachers. I then created the mug rugs with my half-triangle design featuring natural linen.


Jenny Bartoy: Custom Mug Rugs

Jenny Bartoy: Custom Mug Rugs

Jenny Bartoy: Custom Mug Rugs

Jenny Bartoy: Custom Mug Rugs


I love custom work and am always happy to discuss your vision for a project. You can email me at jennybartoy AT gmail DOT com.


No comments:

Post a Comment