Sunday, October 21, 2012

Painterly Table Runners

I love custom orders. They never fail to challenge me and push me out of my comfort zone. I usually always learn or discover something.

This past summer, a new client contacted me. Corrie was looking for two large table runners in the style of my Wonky Stripes runners. She needed them to be 2 ft by 8 ft, one for her and one for her mother. After some back and forth about fabric choices, she settled on Laura Gunn's Dogwood Stripe in Olive and Gallery Fiori's Large Poppies in Teal, each to be combined with natural linen. I loved these striking and painterly designs and got to work!


Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners


My mission with this project was to create really large pieces in my really small home studio work space! The finished runners were so big it was difficult to take a proper photo, but they turned out straight and stitched in all the right places, thank goodness.


Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners


Here are some better photos of the runners I sent Corrie in September. I love how they turned out (though I really should have ironed them more carefully before photographing!! Sorry about the wrinkles...)

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners

Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs: Custom Table Runners


I am available to create custom orders. Simply contact me at jennybartoy AT gmail DOT com with your idea or vision and we'll go from there! I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment