Thursday, May 17, 2012

Owl Kindle Cover and Pouch

I make a lot of custom e-reader covers since offering that option in my shop on Etsy. A couple of months ago, a lovely customer named Lindsey requested a custom Kindle cover with an owl print from the Critter Community collection. I ordered the fabric, got to work and promptly finished that order.

However, my 3-month-old sewing machine decided it was time to have a tantrum and scratched the top cover fabric, on the very last step of assembling the project. Gah!! The resulting cover did not meet my quality standards and I communicated to Lindsey that I would re-do it.

She was so patient -- through all my sewing machine troubles (I had to exchange the lemon for a new one!), re-ordering fabric and re-making the order (by that point, competing with other due custom orders)-- that I decided to make her a little complementary zipper pouch with the leftover fabric, as a little "thank you" gift. It turned out so cute and I hope she's enjoying her set!

Jenny: Owl Kindle Cover and Pouch

Jenny: Owl Kindle Cover and Pouch

Jenny: Owl Kindle Cover and Pouch

Jenny: Owl Kindle Cover and Pouch

Jenny: Owl Kindle Cover and Pouch

Jenny: Owl Kindle Cover and Pouch

No comments:

Post a Comment