Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Anniversary Birdies

I recently completed another custom piece of burlap art for the lovely Alli, loyal customer extraordinaire!!

After I had finished the artwork for her parents' anniversary, she commissioned another piece to commemorate her and her husband's own 5th wedding anniversary. She requested birdies in a brown and green color scheme and asked that the artwork include a 3rd smaller bird to represent their daughter.

I sent Alli several sketches for this project: 2 for a design similar to most of my birds-in-trees pieces, and 2 for a design featuring birds on a wire, something I'd had brewing in the back of my head for a while. I was thrilled when she picked the birds on a wire!!

Here's the finished project:

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art

Their anniversary date, February 17, is embroidered in the clouds above the birds. The little birdie is overlooking them from a branch up top. I love how the color scheme worked to give it a springy yet rainy feel, perfect for February! And here are more detailed shots:

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art for Anniversary

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art for Anniversary

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art for Anniversary

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art for Anniversary

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art for Anniversary

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art for Anniversary

I am so pleased with how this turned out. It's quite possibly my favorite piece of burlap art so far.

Happy anniversary Alli and Barrett! And thank you for continuing to support me and my little business, I hope you enjoy your new artwork!

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art

No comments:

Post a Comment