Tuesday, January 3, 2012

E-Reader Covers

A few weeks before Christmas, my friend Christine asked me to create a custom e-reader cover for her daughter's new Kindle, a present from Santa. Her 10-year-old is a fan of owls, so she requested owl fabric.

I found this super cute Alexander Henry print in my friend Keli's shop, Drygoods Design Online. I paired it with a natural linen and a simple Anna Griffin print featuring blue flowers on green. I found a great pattern by Birdiful Stitches, which I altered a bit to customize the cover.

kindle cover kindle cover 2

owl kindle cover 1

owl kindle cover 3

owl kindle cover 5

This was such a fun project that I decided to make a couple for my shop, using some grey and pink Echo fabric. I LOVE the way they turned out.









I have since received two custom orders for that grey e-reader cover in specific sizes. I will soon put a listing for custom e-reader covers in my shop. So if you are in need of a cover for your Kindle or Nook, either in this fabric or a different style, go check my shop or send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment