Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anniversary Art for Alli

A wonderful and loyal customer named Allison (she was the first person to make a purchase from my Etsy shop!) contacted me about a month ago to make a piece of burlap art for her parents' anniversary. Her parents were going to celebrate 40 years together, could I create some artwork with birdies on a branch symbolizing their love?

After a little bit of discussion regarding colors, style and details, I sent her a sketch and some fabric photos. I then moved forward with the project. Here are my original sketch and a few progress photos.

Custom artwork for 40th anniversary

Custom artwork for 40th anniversary

Custom artwork for 40th anniversary

Custom artwork for 40th anniversary

And here is the final artwork (unfortunately photographed at night by the light of my craft lamp!). The "40" embroidered in the leaf below the birds represents the 40 years together. The "J + J" embroidered on the tree are their initials, as if they were carved on the trunk.

Custom artwork for 40th anniversary

Alli said her parents loved it. I'm so glad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment