Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Custom Holiday Order

A lovely new customer named Christina contacted me in early November to create a set of 4 custom burlap art pieces for her family members. They exchange unique holiday-themed items at Thanksgiving and she wanted to wow them with some original artwork.

We discussed her ideas, I sent her some sketches and we settled on snowflakes and stockings.

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

As my vision progressed, I sent her more fabric options and some progress updates.

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

And here are the final four pieces of burlap art. They each involve cotton applique, felt details and beading.

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

Christina was very happy with the photos of the final projects I sent her. She sent me a super sweet email. Here's an excerpt: "They turned out awesome. I can't believe that you got them done so quickly. I am impressed. My family is going to be blown away." Whew! I was so relieved that she liked them!!

And here they were all ready to be shipped!

Jenny: Custom Holiday Burlap Art

I loved creating this custom order. It was such fun and Christina was wonderful to work with. Please let me know if you ever have an idea for a custom project, I'd love to work on some sketches for you and hopefully create something unique that you will love.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and very creative! I love the snowflakes on grey, and I like how you document your ideas with sketches... Even the wrapping is a work of art. I love the present I received a few days ago, so well finished!

    ReplyDelete