Sunday, November 20, 2011

Autumn Birch

Hello there! I'm a little behind on updating this place. I've added quite a few things to the shop since my last post. Here goes with the first one.

Inspired by the beautiful foliage in our old Seattle neighborhood, and the light playing with the leaves on a sunny day, I created a piece of burlap art featuring an autumn birch, with its leaves changing colors from green to chartreuse and yellow.

birch tree

As with my other burlap pieces, the leaves are appliqued onto a large piece of upcycled coffee bag and top-stitched. I added brown embroidery all along the trunk to represent the bark. The artwork is stretched onto a wooden frame and the back is finished with kraft paper and a wire for hanging.

Jenny: Autumn Birch Burlap Art

Jenny: Autumn Birch Burlap Art

Jenny: Autumn Birch Burlap Art

This piece is listed in my Etsy shop here. Stay tuned for more autumn-inspired pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment